Wednesday, April 22, 2009

First Clinical Session! Sorry Lorraine!! and the others in the crew!! xP

Finally back after a long absence. This will be the first of a series over the next couple of days =]

Anyway, I'll start with this morning when I was madly fretting about making sure I looked proper for our clinical session and ended up running a little late. I was running around the house looking for various items, and seemed to leave the house just in time to catch my train. When mum drove off from the station after dropping me off, I immediately realised that I had forgotten to bring the apparently crucial immunisation record card. The guy at the Office of the Dean said that SWS would be quite strict about it and I should make sure that I brought it... but stupid me I didnt xP so at this point I was shitting myself, freaking out and trying to think of what to do. So that was when I asked the greatest person in the world, Lorraine xP, if we could swing by my place before we went to pick up my card. The awesomest person that she is, she agreed =] and I was very relieved =].

Then I got to uni apparently looking spiffy xP and not awkward like Josh =P. Anyway, we then headed off to Arthur St, to do the introductory clinical skills session. This wasn't very eventful, just learnt about the different aspects of disease and illness. Never thought about it in that sort of light before. Well, after this was the epic trip xP.

Ok, so it started at the maccas down at Kingsford where we all met up at like 11:15 before heading off in Lorraine's car. I shouted her a bit of lunch for the effort she was going through for me =] I still owe her so much more xP anyway, it was me, rola, jia qi, jim n lorraine in the car and we set off. Now, I only knew the way to my place from the M4 or the M7, and according to the map we had, the most direct way to the M4 was via Anzac then Cleveland, then onto parramatta road. Parramatta road was an absolute bitch to get through because of traffic. I thought this entire trip would take about 40 mins or so to my house... but anyway, we eventually got to the M4 and we kept going all the way to wallgrove. Swung by my place and by that time, it was about 12:40 xP almost an hr n a half since we left uni =_=

Anyway, it was like a toilet break pretty much, I was busting to go xP Rola and Lorraine had some face time with Hooch, the most crazy dog they will ever meet xP It did Rola's hate of dogs any justice =P I still love Hooch tho =] anyway, we then headed off after a quick stop, onto the M7 then down to elizabeth drive n then all the way to liverpool hospital, with a minor detour looking for parking spaces. Then we all showed up about 25 mins late to the tiny classroom xP our entrance was very noticable =P. So we're just listening to the people talk through the guidelines n whatnot... signed a few forms... n then went on the tour of certain wards. We went through the trauma ward with a patient that had a massive motor collision that was in the news i think, and they had police and a detective there too to get a statement. pretty intense. At this point I felt like a proper med student.. finally!! =] then we went to the cardiology ward and just looked at how the system worked. Then we were done!! after about 2 hrs... and oh yes... as u may hav noticed... WE DIDNT NEED THE DAMN CARD!!

URGH!! i was so pissed =_= made me even more guilty for wasting everyone, especially Lorraine's time n effort!! baaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh... If by chance u heard about this blog and are reading this.. i must say sorry again lorraine!! xP urgh.. i feel so bad =_= and then wen i got home via trains, it was about 5 o'clock?? i went on facebook and discovered that it took Lorraine 35 mins to get home from liverpool... she lives in north sydney... i was like. :O wtf?! n apparently it would have taken 20 mins max from uni via the M5 =_= baaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhh!! at that point i felt like total shit xP I am forever in debt to Lorraine xP sorry again!! ahhhhhhh!! gay gay gay... well im off to feel more guilty xP

I know this was meant to be short prego but i couldnt help it xP

1 comment:

  1. U WENT PAST MY HOUSE AND DIDNT COME BY!!!!
    I AM OUTRAGED

    ReplyDelete